First what is eCPM? eCPM stands for "effective cost per thousand impressions" eCPM is calculated by dividing total earnings by total number of impressions in thousands. It is a great performance measure for your various ad units.
This is just a thought based in my own opinion and not a profound basis, to gain a greater eCPM value.
Traffic is based on contents and the ability of content to attract visitors
- I thinks its advisable to use a high paying keywords or the most relevant search search keyword. Usually sites without a lot of content Google will give you a little per click value.
Drive traffic to your site
- Update your site regularly should not be put aside, posting of new, attractive and in demand content would surely increase your eCPM value.
- Give intellectual comments to other bloggers, This is a old tactics but works very good.
- Join in community Networks and be active joining the community forums
- Be more on content not on widgets/Photos/Videos along the side bar. Google will not count those things as context content.
Since the site drive a lot of traffic and clicks the eCPM value will now increase as well as the value of every clicks.
Hope im not wrong
If you have some more ideas about this topic please be kind to share...